Andy's Forgotten Realms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Andy's Forgotten Realms

Board for my Pathfinder game in Kaohsiung!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The DM
Admin
The DM

Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012) Empty
PostSubject: Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012)   Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012) EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:48 pm

For defeating the black pudding, parlaying with Tooman Thendrik, and forcing your way into the House Morcane level you each gain 10,400 experience points

No loot cause vampires assume gaseous form but, good job guys!
Back to top Go down
https://satansgame2.666forum.com
The DM
Admin
The DM

PostSubject: Re: Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012)   Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:47 am

also some clarification, I think someone made a a pretty high knowledge: religion check so I guess this is in character knowledge:

Quote :
A vampire also gains fast healing 5. If reduced to 0 hit points in combat, a vampire assumes gaseous form (see below) and attempts to escape. It must reach its coffin home within 2 hours or be utterly destroyed. (It can normally travel up to 9 miles in 2 hours.) Additional damage dealt to a vampire forced into gaseous form has no effect. Once at rest, the vampire is helpless. It regains 1 hit point after 1 hour, then is no longer helpless and resumes healing at the rate of 5 hit points per round.

so you have 1 hour and change to seek and destroy them then they're pretty much back to full.

Also

Quote :
Reducing a vampire's hit points to 0 or lower incapacitates it but doesn't always destroy it (see fast healing). However, certain attacks can slay vampires. Exposing any vampire to direct sunlight staggers it on the first round of exposure and destroys it utterly on the second consecutive round of exposure if it does not escape. Each round of immersion in running water inflicts damage on a vampire equal to one-third of its maximum hit points—a vampire reduced to 0 hit points in this manner is destroyed. Driving a wooden stake through a helpless vampire's heart instantly slays it (this is a full-round action). However, it returns to life if the stake is removed, unless the head is also severed and anointed with holy water.
Back to top Go down
Brutus

Brutus

PostSubject: Re: Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012)   Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:16 am

These are hard fuckers to kill. Any one have holy water or a spare sun in their pocket?
Back to top Go down
The DM
Admin
The DM

PostSubject: Re: Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012)   Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 2:11 pm

once you stake em they stop being a threat unless someone removes it. Also there may be running water somewhere in the vicinity...
Back to top Go down
D'yb D'anzig

D'yb D'anzig

PostSubject: Re: Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012)   Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 2:24 pm

I made a 26 or 27 Religion check, I think.

Would a Daylight spell count as sunlight for the purpose of killing a vampire?

... if so, yes Colin, I have a spare sun in my pocket.
Back to top Go down
Brutus

Brutus

PostSubject: Re: Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012)   Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 2:27 pm

ha ha ha in that case you and Jaxx would lol.

Wooden stakes have to be bought...or anything wooden would count? for example an arrow or broken piece of wood
Back to top Go down
The DM
Admin
The DM

PostSubject: Re: Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012)   Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:19 am

as for daylight, no, read the spell description:

Quote :
Despite its name, this spell is not the equivalent of daylight for the purposes of creatures that are damaged or destroyed by such light.

only Sunray and Sunbeam work like that afaik

as for stakes, any piece of wood will do, yeah
Back to top Go down
Brutus

Brutus

PostSubject: Re: Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012)   Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:34 am

so if you stake them and remove their head, you still need to put the head in holy water or in the sunlight to fully kill them? if not and the stake is removed while you are in possesion of the head.......what happens? or just put them in running water
Back to top Go down
The DM
Admin
The DM

PostSubject: Re: Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012)   Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:25 pm

apparently from what consensus i got on a post on the pathfinder forums, since the vampire is not fully destroyed by staking/head removal if the stake is removed during that time both the head and the body would revert to gaseous form and begin moving toward their coffin, assuming they both reached it within 1 hour the vampire would come back to unlife.

Since fast healing states that is does not enable you to reattach severed body parts it seems that the vampire would have to carry its head around unless it found a means of putting it back which while comical has certain advantages and disadvantages, perhaps it could place it's head somewhere to use as a sort of periscope and then bring the body in when it wanted. Or it could just carry the head around citing, "Alas, poor Yorrich, I knew him well..."

I guess someone could sew the head back on, undead can't benefit from a regenerate spell. It's pretty unlikely that this situation would actually occur I think, but that's the ruling for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012)   Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012) Empty

Back to top Go down

Szith Morcane - House Morcane level (January 29th, 2012)
Page 1 of 1