Andy's Forgotten Realms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Andy's Forgotten Realms

Board for my Pathfinder game in Kaohsiung!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brutus

Brutus

The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:18 pm

[ooc: i would think it is pretty large as the demons that came through it were large....just what i would be thinking. and i know about dispel....just need to cross our fingers i guess]
Back to top Go down
D'yb D'anzig

D'yb D'anzig

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:11 am

[OOC: That's pretty sound reasoning for enlarge person. We should definitely do that... True Seeing will get through displacement and I don't have any memorized for the day anyhow. My free-slot is going towards another Haste (my third in a day!) Unless Matt has one prepared, I don't think he did.

What's your vote, Matt? True Seeing or Spell Resistance?
Back to top Go down
Logain

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:38 am

true Seeing will probably be best against all the other demons except the boss. We know she is a high level succubus, so she is going to hit us with a ton of high DC will save stuff most likely, and that's where I was thinking the SR would help.
Back to top Go down
D'yb D'anzig

D'yb D'anzig

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:55 am

If she's got a high caster level she'll get through spell resistance most of the time anyway. For her charm and suggestion spells we will need protection from evil up as much as possible and a CL 1 wand won't get through SR even with rolling a twenty on CL check. I miss Jaxx. Sad

Back to top Go down
Brutus

Brutus

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:46 am

I too think it is better to be able to see in any situation, we have had a problem with this darkness that they have been casting. We should worry more about killing them as fast as possible and not how much they can hit us. The best defense is a good offense in my opinion
Back to top Go down
The DM
Admin
The DM

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Once D'ybb finished preparing his spells Nanzatar motions you all to gather around him before the portal, and anoits each your eyes with a strange-smelling glimmering ointment. Holding a necklace of black and white flecked prayer beads which glow with divine power With a touch and a complicated gesture he exhorts his deathless lord to grant each of you a mighty legion's blessing. (ooc: everyone has true seeing for 20 minutes)

With that completed he turns his attention to his own preparations, casting a series of other spells upon himself. As he completes one, his size grows greatly, and with others his form seems to swell with power and glow with powerful protective energies. (ooc, if you have spellcraft you recognize him using a rod to cast an extended spell resistance, divine power, and righteous might on himself as well as Death ward and freedom of movement)

With that and as you cast your own spells he appears ready to proceed.
Back to top Go down
https://satansgame2.666forum.com
D'yb D'anzig

D'yb D'anzig

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 6:32 pm

[OOC]

Spells to be cast and by whom. Matt feel free to add to this if you've got anything left for the day.

Deathward (from Scrolls) can be cast by Nantazar or UMD'd by Moxie. 4th level spell = 7 minute duration.

Protection from Evil - D'yb has ONE prepared. We also have a wand with 20 charges but each casting only lasts 10 rounds... so once it's cast on the last person, the first person only has about 5 rounds left. These will no doubt have to be last or cast after stepping through the portal.

Haste (extended) - D'yb - This will last 28 rounds, and should be one of the last spells cast.

Mirror Image - D'yb on himself. 14 mins.

Fly - D'yb on himself 14 mins. Another option would be to cast this on Brutus incase of Reverse Gravity. D'yb also has a potion that would allow for 3 minutes of fly.

Magic Circle Vs Evil - D'yb could cast on Moxie to protect her and have her work as a bit of a mind-control ambulance, if she moves within 10 feet of someone who is charmed it gives them a chance to supress the charms so long as they stay close to her. The wording of this spell is a bit complicated. 140 mins duration.

Invisible - D'yb could cast it on Moxie because she would never really cast anything directly on the enemy so she wouldn't lose the invisibility. This would help her get near you guys with the magic circle as well. 14 mins.

Summon Monster VI (extended) 28 rounds. Another of his last castings, D'yb will probably summon a Fiendish Dire Tiger or Fiendish Elephant not for the DR but because the demons have a good chance of controlling his summoned creatures at some point, and if they're "evil" protection from evil will keep them from being able to attack us with their natural weapons. (can I stress the importance of prot. from evil any more?)

Good Hope - Moxie will cast Good Hope from the Wand. 7 mins duration so not first, not last.

Enlarge Person - Moxie will use Brutus' CL2 wand on him for 20 rounds of bigness. One of her last actions.

Reduce Person - Moxie will use a wand to reduce Logain as her last action. 10 rounds duration.

-=-=-

I think that's it? I have another second level slot open which could go to Mass Transference (harder to dispel than your wand size modifiers) or Protective Penumbra if we have to start using Daylight I'd like to have this on.

Back to top Go down
D'yb D'anzig

D'yb D'anzig

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:44 am

Have the spell casting order written out in my book for Sunday. Should be very quick to get into the fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 8th, 2012
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2