Andy's Forgotten Realms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Andy's Forgotten Realms

Board for my Pathfinder game in Kaohsiung!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The DM
Admin
The DM

The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 Empty
PostSubject: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:02 pm

For defeating the foul demons you each receive 12,000 experience points

loot (Swarm Demon): Ring of Protection+2, Amulet of Natural armor+1

Back to top Go down
https://satansgame2.666forum.com
The DM
Admin
The DM

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:07 pm

The party is hosting a few drinks in one of Waterdeep's most famous taverns, The Yawning Portal late in the evening several days after your most recent arrival in the city. The owner, Durnan the Wanderer, a legendary warrior and suspected Lord of Waterdeep and Harper agent, comes in, walks behind the bar, and pours himself a huge tankard of potent dark ale and downs most of it in several large gulps before letting out a tremendous belch. Striding over to your table with foam still dripping through his beard, he motions you toward a curtained booth on the second floor balcony where several shadowed figures can be seen, sipping drinks and conversing quietly.
Back to top Go down
Brutus

Brutus

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Where's my Ale?
Back to top Go down
D'yb D'anzig

D'yb D'anzig

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:06 pm

D'yb and Moxie stand up, having all ready inhaled the food and drink they so seldomly partake in; a quick prestidigitation spell takes care of the mess. D'yb nods to the Harper agent and motions to his companions to follow him to the curtained booth.

"They're probably wondering why we're here and not miles underground moving towards our directive." D'yb assumes. " I'd like to do some business with the Harpers, so let's try to keep things friendly."

Moxie flies up and takes a seat on D'yb's shoulder. She is uncharacteristically quiet after her disturbing dreams of the demons and azata.
Back to top Go down
Brutus

Brutus

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:11 pm

I wonder if they can trade in armor and weapons. Be good to be prepared if we come up against those demon raiders again. Would like to be more protected as I am slicing through their soft flesh. I'll follow D'ybb's lead and let him do the talking
Back to top Go down
The DM
Admin
The DM

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Making your way up to the second floor, the sour smell of spilled beer and foods is replaced by that of well oiled furnishings and pipesmoke. Arriving at the booth, you are welcomed to sit down by a broad shouldered, middle-aged Illuskan (human) woman dressed in well worn leathers and mail, who introduces herself as one Eather Heilean. You note a prominent silver Harpers moon and harp symbol pinned to her forest green woolen cloak. She introduces her companion as Tesper, who wears a midnight blue dress of fine linen and also sports a clearly displayed silver Harpers pin over her petite but not unattractive breast.

Eather eyes you with interest. She offers you a silver goblet of ruby-red wine from a crystal decanter. "Amnian garnetvine, quite fine indeed. You have the air of experience, and I've heard much the same from my sources. How rest matters in the Realms Below, and what can we help you with in the city?"
Back to top Go down
Brutus

Brutus

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Everything is as would be expected down there. Lots of things to sink my teeth into. As I have just started to learn the language of the undercommon I could not explain the political situation down there. I will leave that to my collegues here who have a better understanding of it than I. As to how you can help us. For me anyway I need to add some modifications to my armor. As you know our time is precious and I can't afford the weeks that the other traders in the city take. Do you offer anything that could help me out in this respect?
Back to top Go down
D'yb D'anzig

D'yb D'anzig

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:41 pm

D'yb bows gracefully and respectfully to his patrons. Though normally not one to partake in the drink, he believes it best to accept their customary gift and takes the silver goblet with thanks. Moxie resists the urge to "drown her sorrows" (and possibly herself) by dunking her head into the ruby-redness.

D'yb does his best to succinctly recount the trials that befell the group while in the underdark passage to Meirmydra. He informs the Harper agents that the Outcasts have returned to Waterdeep to better arm themselves against a powerful demonic presence in the Underdark that stands between them and their goal.

"Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated"
Back to top Go down
Logain

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:53 pm

Logain grasps a goblet and samples the wine. It's actually quite good. He's had the chance to taste wines and ale aplenty in his travels, so it's rare to find something that agrees with his palate immediately. He eyes both of the woman, trying to discern their occupations. Worn leather and mail might indicate any type of warrior or such and robes often mean a spellcaster. He is quite content to let D'yb do the talking for the while, but silently commands Keeper to scan the room and watch for anything out of the ordinary.

In his experience, its never good to let your guard down around strangers, and doubly so when they offer you wine...
Back to top Go down
D'yb D'anzig

D'yb D'anzig

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:59 pm

D'yb taps his silver goblet, hopefully an assurance that he's not dealing with demons. Moxie hasn't seemed to have detected any evil so far. D'yb is straight and to the point with his employers, not one to shmooze like one Harrison Dundeedle, who he is sure to mention in his recount.
Back to top Go down
Brutus

Brutus

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Wine is not for me, I order another Jug of ale to help stop the nerves of having to speak to a group of unknowns.

ooc: He feels much more comfortable fighting demons than talking to these people
Back to top Go down
Deadeye

Deadeye

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:26 pm

Jaxx sits comfortably back and takes long swig of wine.

"tastes... fruity."

He eyes the harper lackies with a healthy amount of respect. After Brutus & Dy'b have their say, he simply sates one thing.

"Someone's eyeballin' us from far away. Which means they already knows we're comin. Can't do anything about that now, but we need this to stop NOW. If you want us to be alive to even make a report, you'd better find a way to stop this right quick".

He then looks at perky breasts.
Back to top Go down
D'yb D'anzig

D'yb D'anzig

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:58 pm

"Not to mention the liberal use of Nightmare magic that often coincides with the aforementioned 'eyeballin' "
Back to top Go down
The DM
Admin
The DM

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:34 am

Eather and Tesper consider your words with concern. Eather speaks in a matronly voice, "I've no knowledge of any of our agents keeping tabs on you magically, it must be another party, perhaps an unfriendly one. Most of our divinations seking information in Maerimydra have failed, and we haven't been able to find out much. Perhaps the Kiaransaleean drow who escaped Szith Morcane are magically hidden there now and have been casting these spells upon you. I'm not sure what we can do about it presently, as I've said our agents haven't met with much success on that front, but if a few magical eyes and bad dreams are the worst so far I think you can press on."

Tesper chimes in in a melodic voice, "If you're going demon hunting I think I have some tomes around my house in Castle Ward that might be of use, especially to D'ybb and Logain. I'll have them sent over to your lodgings in the morning."

After some more discussion with Eather she eyeballs Brutus' armor appraisingly and agrees to buy it on behalf of the Harpers for 95% of it's value since she says she has some other agents who could use a suit like that. She asks what other adventuring gear you were looking to part with at present.

After trying to size up the pair you note that Eather keeps a broadsword at her hip and that there is a holy symbol of Milil, goddess of music and lore on a simple rawhide string around her neck. it seems Tesper might be a spellcaster of some sort but you can't discern any more details besides her obvious beauty by looking at her.
Back to top Go down
Brutus

Brutus

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:52 pm

The armor seems like a good deal it has served me well so far. What other things can you offer in the way of defensive or offensive gear? Brutus takes another large mouthful of ale
Back to top Go down
D'yb D'anzig

D'yb D'anzig

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Moxie sits on a nearby shelf. She strums some chords on her lyre and hums a sweet melody. The music is soothing and unintrusive to conversation.

Below, D'yb thanks Tesper for her generous offer to look over her tomes and is obviously excited by the untold secrets they must hold. Seeing further opportunity, he presses on.

"I wonder if perhaps a more longterm knowledge-exchange could be arranged? While the gold promised by the Harpers for my services is appreciated, I value knowledge more than anything.

The public libraries here in Waterdeep are uncomfortably busy, limiting, and costly. I would much rather spend my hard-earned coin in a more suitable house of arcane knowledge and perhaps save a bit in the process.

No doubt the Harpers have invested in such a place..."

D'yb takes the final sip from his wine goblet. He has been nursing this one drink for the entire time of conversation thus far.

"and if the Harpers continue to find it in their best interest to invest in my services, I would glady work hard to ensure the arrangement remains mutually beneficial."
Back to top Go down
Brutus

Brutus

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Brutus leans back into his chair and slaps D'yb on the back.

"Relax wizard. who knows when we will be able to sit back and enjoy our time with such beautiful women as these, and enjoy such fine beverages." Taking another large gulp of beer and belching.

"Things will work out for us. Don't worry."

"So ladies, any tips on smashing our opponents. You girls look like you can stand on your own."
Back to top Go down
The DM
Admin
The DM

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:28 pm

Tesper chuckles and swirls her wine at D'ybb.

"You seem to be quite the up and coming mage, so I'll be frank with you. The Harpers don't have much in the way of a standing arcane library, there's none here in Waterdeep. Twilight Hall in Berdusk, the nominal home of the High Harpers, has a pretty good collection for novices, but you're a bit beyond their help. The real wealth of our spellcasters is in their individual knowledge. Unfortunately, that means you'll need to seek them out to gain it. Eather and I would be happy to write you an introduction to the Spellguard in Silverymoon although you'll find Alustriel isn't often in residence these days, Jorus Azuremantle might be able to help, their library is one of the best in the North."

"There's Candlekeep as well, which is probably the greatest bastion of knowledge known in Faerun-- The recorded knowledge of tens of thousands of spell-slingers and sages. We can write you a recommendation there as well, but it will only get you a foot in the door-- the monks there don't waive their research or book-copying fees even for us."
Back to top Go down
The DM
Admin
The DM

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Eather smiles at Brutus and motions for him to help himself to the platter of Mutton.

"I've slain my share of demons in my day and the best advice I can give is to keep discipline in your ranks and keep grim discipline, even in the face of greater numbers or trickery. They are fearsome foes but have little sense of teamwork or sound tactics in most cases. Give me a good sword, a few stout companions guarding my flank, and a good priest to fix my hurts, and I'd hack my way through any number of them bastards."
Back to top Go down
Brutus

Brutus

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:40 pm

" I like your style Eather. You have stated me exact feelings. nothing better then slicing the sword through a demon and feeling their blood drain off you." Saying this as he bites a large chunk of the mutton.

" My companions are good at covering my back and healing the hurts. This wizard next to me also packs quite a punch." Maybe if you have free time we can spar together and see where I can improve"
Back to top Go down
The DM
Admin
The DM

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Eather raises her glass to you and laughs heartily.

"You're three times my weight, and half my age. I'd wager I know a few tricks on you still, but I'll decline the practice match. You would give me some bruises that'd take a week healing, and I'm too busy to those carry those around seeing half the Harpers in the city in the next few days."

Back to top Go down
Brutus

Brutus

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:56 pm

" so will we make the deal on our equipment here or is there someone you will send us to, tomorrow. Don't want to cause a scene by stripping off here. Haven't drank enough ale for that. Though I can still try." Brutus waves down the barmaid and orders another Ale.

"We don't want to waste too much time in Waterdeep as our little friend here is worried about her friend. Anything Moxie needs we are more than happy to help."
Back to top Go down
D'yb D'anzig

D'yb D'anzig

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:59 pm

Moxie glares at Brutus for implying that he rarely shares the company of beautiful women and purposely hits a sour note in the song to make sure he notices.

D'yb chuckles and rubs his back.

"You'll have to excuse me, my thirst for knowledge is surpassed only by Brutus' thirst for ale. Nice to see you loosen up a bit, big fella."

He graciously accepts Tesper's offers of recommendations and looks forward to the day where he might use them and not have to study next to amateur wizards preparing illusion spells for noble children's birthday parties.

D'yb magically cleans off his goblet with the wave of his hand and then floats it across the room back to its original location.

"Now, if you'll excuse me again... I haven't actually eaten or drank anything in a long time."

He flags down a barmaid.

"Which way to the wizard's room?"
Back to top Go down
Brutus

Brutus

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:31 am

"Don't worry Moxie, you are just a little small for me, though these women are too. Remember we are preparing all this for you so we can get back down to the underdark quickly".
Back to top Go down
Logain

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:52 am

Logain decides its time to speak up. "I do believe there is one point my companions have forgotten. Buying armor is all well and good, but for those of us who don't use it, certain other items are of more use. And those take time to increase their power as well. And I for one am wary of facing demons when I have not been given time to fully prepare."

Logain touches the circlet on his brow, " This alone will take many weeks to enchant further and I must say that I am loathe to continue our mission without it. As to the scrying and a few nightmares, surely you know of priest who can cast divination spells to aid us in finding their source?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012   The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Deep Wastes -- Demonic Raiders -- April 1st, 2012
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next